Cold and wind tend to dehydrate the fine surface of your lips and leave them dry and burnt.
- Avoid such annoying effect by trying to moisture your lips often enough with a rich lip balm
- Try not to lick them, as our saliva does not moisture them; on the contrary, it aggravates the problem. Try also not to bite them, as you create sores which need more time to heal.
- Relieve itching by smoothly rub them with a wet soft fabric.
- Do not neglect to consume a lot of liquids and regularly scrub your lips smoothly for removing any dead cells.
- Finally, if your lips eventually get burnt, visit your drugstore and get yourself a special intensive treatment recommended for those facing high dryness problems due to systematic treatments with retinoid agents. If they work in such difficult cases, they will be a true “balm” to your lips.
Many thanks to Dr. Evgenia Kalogeropoulou, dermatologist at 33 Derma Clinic, for her valuable advice.
For more information and to book an appointment, contact 33 Derma Clinic: 33 Alexandras Avenue, Athens, Greece | tel. (+30) 210 64 51 910